Whenever newcomers check out Ingleside, virtually all are asking some form of the question: “Is there a place for me?”
And for years our short answer has been, “Yes!”
Our answer reflects the spirit of Romans 15:7, which says: “Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God” (ESV).
Of course, the questions newcomers are asking are sometimes more specific and more nuanced, even if they are rarely spoken aloud.
Consider a few possibilities:
- “Is there a place for someone my age?” Yes! We are “a multi-generational church with a next generation orientation.” We welcome people of all ages and life stages.
- “Is there a place for someone of my ethnicity?” Yes! We welcome people “from every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 5:9).
- “Is there a place for someone with my past?” Yes! Every person who has found a home at Ingleside is broken and sinful and hurting in some way. Come as you are, but expect to be challenged and changed by Jesus, his Word, and his Spirit. We believe that in Christ “the best is yet to come!”
- “Is there a place for my kids?” Yes! We follow Jesus’ example and command when he said, “Let the children come to me’ (Mark 10:14). We have vibrant and robust ministries for nesting-stage families.
- “Is there a place for me to serve, to add value, and to make a difference?” Yes! We want you to use your gifts, talents, and passions to serve others in Jesus’ name.
- “Is there a place for me to find a friend, to belong, and to grow?” Yes! There are many classes, groups, studies, and other affinity groups to help you connect and develop relationships that matter.
Because we have been saying “Yes!” for many years now, our church has grown significantly. But even now, there’s still room for you.
So, if you have a heart to know God, to follow Jesus Christ, to obey his word, and to walk in his Spirit, I can say with confidence: there’s a place for you! I hope to see you at Ingleside soon!