But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8, ESV)
At Ingleside, we want to go with the gospel, crossing cultural boundaries to reach those who have not yet heard the good news of Jesus Christ.
We want to make disciples - as many as possible and as mature as possible - here, there, and everywhere.
Some of the ways that we go with the gospel locally are:
- Macon Impact. We have a local missions and community service emphasis in April and September.
- Glocal ministry. Families can befriend an international college student and make a global impact in our local community.
- Community outreach. We have teams that go on a regular basis to share the gospel and serve at the Storehouse Ministry Center, the Youth Development Campus, and the Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia.
Some of the ways that we go with the gospel nationally include:
- Church planting. We partner with the North American Mission Board to help new church plants in strategic cities in the United States.
- Disaster relief. We send teams to help meet physical needs in the name of Christ when disaster strikes in the United States.
We go with the gospel internationally in cooperation primarily with the International Mission Board. IMB missionaries all over the world request volunteer teams to come and help them by doing specific tasks that further the kingdom of God. In recent years, we've sent teams to South America, Europe, Central Asia, South Asia, and Southeast Asia.
Learn more at our next Missions Orientation, the basic introduction to our Missions Ministry, designed to answer frequently asked questions, provide essential information, and highlight opportunities for involvement in the area of missions. Offered monthly, completion of Missions Orientation and Discovering Ingleside Membership classes are required for everyone who desires to participate in missions at Ingleside.