A WEEKLY WORSHIP ARTS MINISTRY
FOR 5K - 5TH GRADE
Sundays, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
To facilitate corporate worship so that as many children as possible can come to Jesus and fully engage in authentic worship of our triune God, and to grow and develop children to serve in worship through a variety of arts, while using these arts to go with the gospel.
PRAISE SESSION (Large Groups) — 5:00 p.m.
- Open to all children 5K – 5th grade without audition
- Typically includes singing and some motions
- No regular leadership rotation on Sunday mornings
- Fall season participation includes:
• Big Wednesday (September 19)
• Fall Festival (October 17)
• Christmas Presentation (December 14 – 16)
• Christmas Eve (December 24)
5:00 p.m. - All meet in the Xtreme Zone for a run-through of the upcoming Sunday’s songs
5:15 p.m. - 5K – 2nd grade meet in the Xtreme Zone
5:15 p.m. - 3rd – 5th grade meet in the Multi-Purpose Gym
6:00 p.m. - Dismissed (Childcare available)
ELECTIVE ARTS SESSIONS — 4:00 p.m.
Elective Arts Sessions are designed to help children develop specific artistic gifts as an act of worship and prepare for Sunday morning Xtreme Zone worship leadership. Children can choose a different session each quarter from the following:
For 5K – 5th grade:
- Xtreme Praise Session: For children who love dance and choreography, these kids will learn the motions for Xtreme Zone worship songs and lead from the platform on Sunday mornings as part of a rotating team.
- Creative Arts Session: Children will develop creative skills, work on fun projects, and work with other teams to develop creative elements related to worship and children’s ministry. This might include things like filming videos, building sets, or having a homemade boat race at Lake Ingleside. Children who serve in this group can also serve on a Production team.
- Production Session: Children will develop production skills to support Sunday morning Xtreme Zone worship on a rotating team. Children who participate on these teams will also be a part of the Creative Arts Session.
- Vocal Session: Children will focus on developing their voices and prepare to help lead vocally on Sunday morning as a part of a rotating team. A minimal assessment is required.
Does my child have to be there for two hours?
No. We hope all children will be involved at 5:00 p.m. The 4:00 p.m. elective arts sessions are designed for children who desire to do more than what is offered at 5:00 p.m.
Can my child participate in more than one elective arts session?
Yes. Your child can choose a different elective arts session each quarter if they desire to do so. Additionally, if your child would like to participate in the Production session, they can also be a part of the Creative Arts team, as those two teams will go hand-in-hand.
Will my child lead during Xtreme Zone worship on Sunday mornings?
Children’s worship leadership on Sunday morning will typically come from Production ministry teams, Xtreme Praise teams, and vocal teams. All of these teams will be on a rotating schedule and assigned.
If my child just comes at 5:00 p.m., what will they do?
At 5:00 p.m., we hope to have as many children and families involved as possible. The overarching goal is to help children learn to fully participate in corporate worship with all of their hearts. This group will sing together and rehearse each Sunday to prepare to lead in Big Wednesday, Fall Festival, Christmas Celebration, and Christmas Eve during the fall season.
Is childcare available?
Childcare is available before, during, and after Kid Sessions.