Key Resource: How to Stay Christian in College by J. Budziszewski, The Reason for God by Tim Keller, and ESV Study Bible (given at graduation)
Key Events: Fall and Spring Senior Gatherings, Parent-Child Relationship Events, Senior Banquet and Recognition Service, Parent-Student Crave
Stage Commitments: Download here
- As your student makes college plans, begin researching churches in the area and prioritize worship during this significant change in life.
- Protect worship by leading your student to not work on Sundays when they begin working.
- Though life gets busier at this stage, continue to encourage the importance of small group involvement, and help your student organize his schedule in order to be involved in a group.
- Plan one-on-one outings with your student where you ask thought-provoking spiritual questions as you interact.
- Encourage your student to find a place of service in the High School Ministry.
- Work together to serve a local ministry on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Plan your vacations and other trips around summer mission opportunities so that your student is not hindered from going with the gospel with other students.
- Have a special dinner before they go off to college. Invite adults who have been spiritual leaders in their lives and have a special prayer and blessing time over them to be a light for the gospel in their new environment.
Click here to find out more about our High School Ministry.