Key Resource: Ask It by Andy Stanley (for students), This Changes Everything: How the Gospel Transforms the Teen Years by Jaquelle Crowe (for students), and Family Worship by Donald S. Whitney
Key Events: 9th Grade Preview, Student Membership Class, Parent-Student Crave, Parent-Child Relationship Events
Stage Commitments: Download here
- Honor God’s instruction to keep a rest day by evaluating your family schedule and creating margin for family time, rest, service, and leisure.
- Though students are beginning to drive at this point, try to maintain a habit of riding together to church.
- Involve other godly adults in your student’s life to encourage, teach, and train them.
- Read what they read, watch what they watch, and listen to what they listen to.
- Instead of asking students how their day went, ask them if they had a chance to show love or forgiveness to someone during the day.
- Help them to find a way to serve their church using the gifts and talents you see in them.
- Give a half-day of your vacation to serve a local gospel-centered ministry like a rescue mission, food pantry, or clothes closet.
- Offer your home as a haven for your student’s lost friends. Make it welcoming so that you and your student have a partnership in the gospel.
Click here to find out more about our High School Ministry.