Key Resource: Understanding Your Young Teen by Mark Oestreicher
Key Events: 6th Grade Preview, Student Membership Class, Parent/Child Relationship Events
Stage Commitments: Download here
- On Sunday, look at your student’s listening guide from The Basement and discuss what they learned.
- Attend a Middle School Ministry Night of Praise with your student and discuss the importance of worship before or after.
- Use the 5 Conversations book as a guide for a series of conversations with your student.
- Encourage your student to have regular devotions, and talk about their devotions, and yours, while driving to school, practice, etc.
- Serve together at an Ingleside event (Fall Family Festival, Xtreme Week, etc.).
- Have conversations about your student’s gifts and interests, and help them find a way to use those to serve other believers.
- Participate in a missions-oriented ministry together (Operation Christmas Child, Storehouse, etc.).
- Tell your student about a time when you shared the gospel with someone, and help them think through what they would say in a similar situation.
Click here to find out more about our Middle School Ministry.