Key Resource: Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
Key Events: Lasting Impressions Class, Parent/Child Dedication, New and Nearly-New Parent Dinner
Stage Commitments: Download here
- Pray nightly with your child and begin teaching your preschooler words like: Bible, Jesus, God, pray, and praise.
- Model coming to worship for your children through regular church attendance.
- Read through Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp and discuss a chapter a week with your spouse or a friend.
- Develop a family mission statement that incorporates Scripture and can be a guide to your children for years to come. Frame it and place it in a prominent location in your home. Review it often.
- Give other believers in your same life stage a night out by caring for their preschooler for an evening.
- Be a part of your child’s Sunday morning classroom by volunteering.
- When an Ingleside team goes on a mission trip, point to that location on a map and teach your child the name of the country or city. Lead them to pray for the various groups while they are away.
- Sponsor a child in another country and let them be your child’s “adopted” sibling through the years.
Click here to find out more about our Preschool Ministry.