Easter is this weekend, and it will be a great celebration of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and of the eternal life that we have in him.
If Ingleside is your church home, please consider these seven ways you can help make our Easter celebration all that God intends it to be.
- Pray. Ask the Lord to favor and bless our worship with his Spirit’s power and anointing. Pray for the gospel to be clear and for many to respond. Pray for joy and love to permeate our fellowship. Pray for many to find a fresh start with Jesus!
- Plan to be here. Our five services are Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and Sunday at 8:30, 9:40, and 11:00 a.m. The celebration won’t be complete without you!
- Invite someone to join you. A family member, a neighbor, a work associate, a friend – your personal invitation could make all the difference. Invite them to sit with you. Introduce them. Show them the ropes. Be the bridge that helps a newcomer connect!
- Offer a friendly greeting. As you arrive on campus, make it a point to smile and greet everyone you meet. Your warm, genuine welcome could be the deciding factor for newcomers evaluating whether this is a place for them. I’m counting on you to be part of the welcome team!
- Park far away. Leave the best spots up close for our guests and those with physical limitations. We have 393 parking spaces across Wimbish Road at the shopping center and behind Securian. Let’s fill them all and enjoy the shuttle ride!
- Sit close. Sit close to the front of the worship room. Sit close to the middle of your row or pew. Sit close to other people. Don’t frown if a newcomer is in “your seat.” Where we choose to sit speaks volumes about the warmth of our welcome and our engagement in worship!
- Worship with your whole heart. Be fully engaged. Sing heartily. Pray earnestly. Listen intently. Respond obediently. God is greatly honored, and we are transformed when we worship in spirit and in truth!
I’m looking forward to seeing you this Easter weekend . . . and thanks in advance for your help!
Your Pastor and Friend,